Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bermuda Day 3 Some FYI's

There are some things that really surprised me about Bermuda today.

No.1
 Public transit.  Not that the bus is something new to me but the manner in which it was driven took me by surprise.  The only words I can think of to describe my uummmm "adventure" is that it was just like a scene from the Harry Potter movie when Harry travels on the Night Bus.  Yep it was that scary, thrilling, grabbing my husband's hand and gasping kind of experience. If you haven't seen the movie here's a YouTube clip of that scene.
 Do you see that arrow below? It's pointing at the bus going the other way, that's how close they drive to each other and anything else on the road.
No.2
Bermuda is SERIOUS about not going down the wrong street.
 One way streets are for one way only people.  Do not dare and challenge this or you will reap this reward.

No. 3
When purchasing bottled drinks the cold ones have a premium on them.  For example this drink costs $1.75 warm
and $3.00 cold, yep I had to pick my jaw up off the floor with that too!
Or how about a medium size popcorn for $6.75, I totally recommend it if you have low blood pressure. And because it's so humid here the fresh popcorn tastes stale :(


No. 4
I'm posting this cause I think the detail in this graphic is funny. The message is great and people definitely obey it, cause the only thing I've ever found on the side walks so far are snails.
No. 5
If your feeling a little home sick there's always KFC where you can purchase a BUCKET of coleslaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment