Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Apple blossoms in my yard

Today the Apple trees are in bloom.  Unfortunately there is a very short window of time in which I can enjoy them.  (Every second year and only for about a week) The flowers appeared Monday, then Tuesday 1/4 had bloomed and today 99% of the tree is in full bloom and smelling amazing.  Pure magic.  It will be in bloom only a few days, I figure by Saturday the blossoms will be gone. Of course I was out with my camera, just like I am every year they bloom.  I must have a million blossom photos by now and yet I must go and try to capture the magic and beauty of it.
I hope someday they make a scratch and sniff photo so I can capture the scent and beauty of the blossoms.
 This is from our Crab Apple tree, I think they are the prettiest of the blossoms.  Who'd of thought a pretty blossom produce such a sour apple??  These remind me of my Mom's favorite treat...pink popcorn.
A side view of one (the biggest) Apple tree
 Coming on to evening, I wish I knew how to photograph a sunset.
 Of course I can't take photos without being photo bombed by my cat Puska.
iPhone photos


No comments:

Post a Comment